Often seen to have a pink tinge, Pink Himalayan Salt is salt that was formed when primeval seas dried up millions of years ago. As the earth has moved and shifted, what once was sea bed has now become mountain ranges and so salt can be found within the rocks that make up the Himalayas.
Unlike sea salt and table salt, Pink Himalayan Salt has not come into contact with external chemicals and remains one of the purest forms of salt on earth. The salt has been linked with a whole host of health benefits, including helping with bone health. Whilst many of the claims remain unsupported by scientific study there is a major structural difference between rock and sea salt and Pink Himalayan Salt , which may go someway to explaining the claimed benefits.
Due to the immense pressure that the salt has been put under, over millions of years, the minerals associated with sea salt and rock salt are no longer found weakly attached to the salt crystal, but instead, have been forced together and incorporated into the salt’s structure. This makes it far easier for the body to absorb the additional minerals and reap their benefits. It is said the salt contains 82 mineral elements (Read more here). Of these, many are vital for good health and could explain some of the healing properties associated with the salt. Zinc for example is known to help boost libido, magnesium helps with the absorption of calcium (vital for healthy bones) and plays a role in keeping the heart healthy. (read more here)
Benefits of taking a Salt Bath
- Promotes relaxation and better sleep
- Relieves water retention
- Soothe sore muscles
- Increases circulation
- Assists wound healing
- Improves hydration of the skin
Pink Himalayan Bath Salts with Essential Oil Recipe
You will need:
- 4 Cups Epson Salt (128g, 4.5 oz)
- 4 Cups Pink Himalayan Salt (128g, 4.5 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda (32g, 1 oz)
- 20 Drops Essential Oil*
Also – Glass bowl for mixing and glass jar to store bath salts.
- Mix Epson and Pink Himalayan Salts and Baking Soda in large enough glass bowl
- Add the Essential Oil* and stir well
- Spoon into glass storage jar and seal
*Essential Oil uses:
- Aqua Oleum Pure Essential Oil, Chamomile German 10ml – comforting and relaxing
- Aqua Oleum Pure Essential Oil, Citronella 10ml – helps fight off colds and headaches
- Aqua Oleum Pure Essential Oil, Clear Head Blend, 10ml – relieves cold and chill symptoms and acts as a purifying air freshener.
- Aqua Oleum Pure Essential Oil, Lavender 10ml – relaxing, soothing
- Aqua Oleum Pure Essential Oil, Ylang Ylang 10ml – used for anxiety, depression, hypertension, palpitations and stress
An unrefined crystal salt from the foothills of the Himalayas. Formed over 250 million years ago from the ancient, unpolluted seas. Profusion Rose Pink Himalayan crystal salt is additive free and hand harvested.
It is suitable for cooking and therapeutic purposes. Himalayan crystal salt can be dissolved in a hot bath for a healthy soak, or blended with essential oils for a rich body scrub. (As well as being equally useful in the kitchen.)