Looks like this weekend is going to be a sizzler! And you know what that means? Yep, dining al fresco.
We love eating outdoors, because everything tastes better with sunshine, warm breezes and flowers.
Here’s a healthy, summer pasta salad recipe that is quick to prepare. So, whether you are vegan or just looking for a light and healthy dish the whole family will love, this is sure to please.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Radicchio leaves
- Red onions – thinly sliced
- Pasta – 40g per person (according to your dietary needs)
- Black olives – whole, de-seeded
- Lettuce leaves – torn
- Sweet peppers – fresh, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes – whole
- Artichokes – marinated hearts, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
*Serve with a Warm Mediterranean Salad Dressing (see below)
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and allow to cool.
- Lay some of red and green lettuce leaves on, and around the edge of, your serving dish.
- In a bowl gently mix together the rest of the ingredients with the cooled pasta.
- Place mixture on top of prepared leaves.
Now for the dressing!
Warm Mediterranean Salad Dressing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tbsp per serving
- Garlic cloves – freshly crushed, to taste
- Oregano leaves – freshly chopped, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon – freshly squeezed
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Black Pepper – freshly ground, to taste
- Gentle warm the oil in a small saucepan
- Add crushed garlic and oregano
- Leave to infuse the oil
- Strain before serving (if preferred)
- Add the salt and pepper and lemon juice
- Store in a small glass jug and pour over salad