Blueberry-Apricot Pot Pies
The slight tartness of blueberries combined with sweet apricots create a very memorable dessert.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 9 Tbs flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cooking oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 5 Tbs butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss blueberries and apricots with 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 tablespoon of the flour; spread evenly in pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) flour, the oats, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until moist crumbs form. With your fingers, press together crumbs to make large chunks; place on top of blueberries.
- Bake in top third of oven until topping is browned, about 20 minutes; cool on a rack.
Calories from Fat 119 (37%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(33%)Saturated Fat 7g
Poly-Unsaturated Fat 3g
Mono-Unsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(17%)Dietary Fibre 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.