Suma Organic Penne, White 500g
See other products from Pasta
See other products from Suma
Slow dried Italian pasta.Customer Reviews Write Review
This pasta is made by Iris Bio, a workers' cooperative since 1978, from Pladena, Lombardy in Northern Italy.
Iris have used organic principles in their agriculture, which includes durum wheat, since 1978. Iris makes the pasta about 10km away from the farm using bronze clips ( pasta shaping tools ) and a low temperature, slow drying process to ensure optimum nutritional quality and create a texture to hold a sauce much better.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add 90g of pasta per person, then bring back to biol for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Italian durum wheat flour, water.
Energy 1485kJ/350kcal, Protein 12.1g, Carbohydrates 72g, Fat 1.5g.
Made in Italy from Italian drum wheat flour, this pasta meets the international organic standards for organic food and farming, which avoids the routine use of pesticides and fertilisers.
RecipePenne with Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Pine Nute, Chilli and Lemon
400g purple sprouting broccoli
400g penne pasta
100g pine nuts
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
salt & pepper
zest & juice of 1 lemon
- Wash and trim the purple sprouting broccoli, cutting them into 2cm pieces and disgarding any tough parts of the stalks
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the penne pasta until soft but still with a bit of bite (about 12min)
- While pasta is cooking bring a smaller pan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli for no more then 3 min, drain and set to one side
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry non-stick frying pan. Take care not to burn them by shaking the pan to prevent the pine nuts from sticking to the pan
- Take a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat the oil. Add the shallots, garlic and chilli along with a little salt and pepper and sauté until soft
- Add the pasta, lemon zest and juice and toasted pine nuts and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and serve.
Thanks to Cook Vegetarian magazine for this fresh and tasty recipe.
Customer reviews - Suma Organic Penne, White 500g
ReviewsTuna & Pea Pasta -
Wed 5th Oct 2011
Cook 200 g penne pasta until al dente, adding 200 g frozen peas for the last few minutes of cooking. Drain and run under cold water to cool quickly. Stir through a drained 200 g tin of tuna flakes and 200 g soft white cheese until evenly distributed. Season to taste and add some chopped herbs as an optional extra. Serve cool. Ideal packed into airtight tubs as lunch boxes.Reviewer's Name: