Granose Meat Free Soya Mince Mix 100g
Granose soya mince. Perfect vegetarian mince, a great base for protein packed vegetarian mealsAverage Reviews Customer Reviews Write Review
Granose dried, meat free soya mince is one of Granose's old faithful, tested and tried products. It has been a popular staple for vegetarians and vegans for many years. Granose are experts at providing nutritious tasty meat free ingredients and meals. This vegetarian mince mix is a great versatile and basic ingredient for vegetarian, vegan and nutritious cooking. Just cover the mince with boiling water for a couple of minutes, drain and use in any recipe in place of mince.
Vegetarian Soya Mince Mix is really simple to use: 1. Place the required amount into a bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. Leave to soak for 1 minute.
3. Drain and use as required.
100% Dried soya mince (textured vegetable protein)(contains gluten)
Energy 349kJ/82kcal, Protein 11.8g, Carbohydrate 8.3g (of which sugars 1.5g), Fat 0.2g (of which saturates <0.1g), Fibre 0.9g, Sodium 0.10g.
Contains soya and gluten
No artificial colours
No artificial flavours
Low in salt
RecipeIngredients for 2 servings of soya mince spaghetti bolognese
25g granose soya mince
15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
2 large mushrooms (sliced)
1 medium carrot (grated)
1x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
125ml vegetable stock
15ml (1tbsp) tomato puree
1tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground pepper
25g of grated cheese and a sprig of basil for garnish Method
1. Re-hydrate the soya mince as directed.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium to large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for about 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add mushrooms, carrot, and re-hydrated soya mince. Fry for another minute and then add chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato puree, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for a further 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning if required.
4. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
5. To serve, divide the spaghetti between two warm dishes, spoon over the bolognese sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese and basil.
Customer reviews - Granose Meat Free Soya Mince Mix 100g
Reviews Nice -
Fri 28th Jun 2013
This is lighter than most of the other vegan mince brands I've tried, it's light and is easier to eat with various sauces so it's more of a thickener or part of the sauce than a separate item of food. Reviewer's Name:
Lalita B -
Tue 20th Aug 2013
Needs something else to make more satisfying and bulk with because it's somewhat lite, like maybe surrounding it with generous amounts of noodles or pasta with herbs and ketchup all over. Vinegar can also be used to increase the mince's flavour if you find it too bland.Reviewer's Name:
Mr Smith -
Fri 25th Oct 2013
This is the nicest of the soya minces available, in our opinion, it's easy to use and doesn't take hours of cooking.Reviewer's Name:
Wed 13th Nov 2013
When rehydrating add a dash of tamari and a crushed clove of garlic to the water, it makes a real difference to the taste as it soaks up those flavours prior to cooking.Reviewer's Name: