Granose Meat-Free Lincolnshire Sausage Mix 150g
Granose meat free lincolnshire sausage mixCustomer Reviews Write Review
Rusk (wheat flour, salt), dried textured soya protein 27%, (defatted soya flour, iron (ferrous sulphate), vitamin B1 (thiamine Mononitrate), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)), vegetable oil, stabiliser (methyl cellulose), rice flour, natural flavourings, soya flour, potato starch, dried sage, yeast extract, salt, ground black pepper, malt extract powder (barley).
Energy 1069kJ/256kcal, Protein 9.3g, Carbohydrate 23.3g (of which sugars 1.5g), Fat 13.9 (of which saturates 4.4g), Fibre 2.4g, Sodium 0.39g
Contains wheat gluten, barley gluten, soya.
RecipeMeat free lincolnshire sausage with pea and mint risotto. (serves 4)
2x 75g sausage mix
35g unsalted butter
1 small white onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1.4 litres of vegetable stock
350g arborio risotto rice
150g frozen peas or peti pois
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
1 tablespoon of fresh mint (roughly chopped)
Freshly ground black pepper Method
1. Prepare each sachet of sausage mix as directed on the packet.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft.
3. Meanwhile, pour the stock into a seperate pan and allow to simmer.
4. Increase the heat to the pan with onion and garlic, add rice and stir continuously for 1 minute until opaque.
5. Add the stock to the rice mixture one ladle at a time and reduce, allowing each quantity to be almost absorbed before adding the next ladle.
6. After 20 minutes, add peas to the remaining stock and simmer for 2 minutes before adding to the risotto.
7. Season and stir in the parmesan and mint, then divide the risotto between 4 plates.
8. Diagonally slice the sausages and arrange on top of the risotto.
Customer reviews - Granose Meat-Free Lincolnshire Sausage Mix 150g
Fri 25th Oct 2013
This is as close to the original Sos mix of old, a very good dried ingredient for the larder and tasty too.Reviewer's Name:
Wed 13th Nov 2013
When rehydrating, add a dash of tamari and a crushed clove of garlic to the water, it really improves the flavour of the sausage. Reviewer's Name: