Granose Meat-Free Lincolnshire Sausage Mix 150g
Granose meat free lincolnshire sausage mixWrite Review
Rusk (wheat flour, salt), dried textured soya protein 27%, (defatted soya flour, iron (ferrous sulphate), vitamin B1 (thiamine Mononitrate), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)), vegetable oil, stabiliser (methyl cellulose), rice flour, natural flavourings, soya flour, potato starch, dried sage, yeast extract, salt, ground black pepper, malt extract powder (barley).
Energy 1069kJ/256kcal, Protein 9.3g, Carbohydrate 23.3g (of which sugars 1.5g), Fat 13.9 (of which saturates 4.4g), Fibre 2.4g, Sodium 0.39g
Contains wheat gluten, barley gluten, soya.
RecipeMeat free lincolnshire sausage with pea and mint risotto. (serves 4)
2x 75g sausage mix
35g unsalted butter
1 small white onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1.4 litres of vegetable stock
350g arborio risotto rice
150g frozen peas or peti pois
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
1 tablespoon of fresh mint (roughly chopped)
Freshly ground black pepper Method
1. Prepare each sachet of sausage mix as directed on the packet.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft.
3. Meanwhile, pour the stock into a seperate pan and allow to simmer.
4. Increase the heat to the pan with onion and garlic, add rice and stir continuously for 1 minute until opaque.
5. Add the stock to the rice mixture one ladle at a time and reduce, allowing each quantity to be almost absorbed before adding the next ladle.
6. After 20 minutes, add peas to the remaining stock and simmer for 2 minutes before adding to the risotto.
7. Season and stir in the parmesan and mint, then divide the risotto between 4 plates.
8. Diagonally slice the sausages and arrange on top of the risotto.