Blue Dragon Creamed Coconut 200g
A pure product made from fresh coconut and formed into a convenient block.Average Reviews Customer Reviews Write Review
Perfect for Oriental, Indian and Caribbean cooking
Adds a delicious flavour and richness to many dishes, both sweet and savoury.
of which Sugars: Nil
of which Saturates: 54.0g
Lentil, coconut and spinach soup
150g puy lentils
1 litre vegetable stock
1 onion, chopped
2 fat garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
100g creamed coconut, chopped and dissolved in 150ml boiling water or 250ml canned coconut milk
2-3 tbsp dark soy sauce
4 small handfuls of baby spinach, about 50g
freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse the lentils, then put them in a large pan and add enough cold water to just cover.
2. Boil for ten minutes, then add the remaining ingredients, except the spinach.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
4. Put a small handful of the spinach in four warmed bowls and ladle the hot soup on top. The heat from the soup will wilt the leaves
5. Serve immediately with warm flatbread, pita or naan.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet, Vegan, Vegetarian
Customer reviews - Blue Dragon Creamed Coconut 200g
ReviewsLike the tinned version but purer -
Tue 7th Jan 2014
I've eaten this straight from the packet once when was quite hungry and curious to what a block of pure coconutmeal tasted like, and it seemed very good quality with a buttery flavour and silky texture. It's without any additives too which makes a change. For a treat cut into small blocks, cover in treacle and eat with a spoon.Reviewer's Name:
Wed 17th Aug 2011
Grate into curries for a thickening effect and to add a creamy coconut flavour.
Also can be added if you've made your curry too spicy, as it will dilute the spices.Reviewer's Name:
Miss M L A Whitehead