Goodness Organic Roasted Buckwheat 'Kasha' 500g
Naturally gluten free organic roasted buckwheat grainAverage Reviews Customer Reviews Write Review
Roasted buckwheat is a fantastic alternative to rice and in spite of it's name buckwheat is not related to wheat so it naturally gluten free. Roasted buckwheat is high in many essential minerals, buckwheat makes a good addition to hearty soups or can be served as part of a meal in place of rice.
- Add 1 cup roasted buckwheat to 2 cups boiling water or stock.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and turn right down to lowest hob setting and cook for 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes
- Fluff with a fork and use in place of rice.
Typical values per 100g:
Energy 1780kJ/419, Protein 8.8g, Carbohydrate 92.4g, Fat 16g
May contain sesame and nut traces. Packed on a line which also handles peanuts, nuts, sesame, soya, milk, sulphur dioxide and cereals containing gluten.'
Store in a cool dry place. After opening re-seal the pack, or store in an airtight container.
Produce of Turkey
RecipeBuckwheat with peppers
- Put 1 cup roasted buckwheat. I clove crushed garlic. 2 cups vegetable stock in a pan and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Add juice and pulp of 1 lemon, 2tsp butter, dried herbs to taste.
- Cut 4 red peppers in half and grill until the skin is charred. Fill the peppers with the mixture and roast until starting to brown.
Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
Customer reviews - Goodness Organic Roasted Buckwheat 'Kasha' 500g
Mon 10th Feb 2014
The first time I cooked this it ended up as mush, think I need to look for another recipe and try again.Reviewer's Name:
L E Champion